Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wild Animals and Irish Food

Our one year wedding anniversary was yesterday.  It has been quite a year in our mildly unorthodox marriage (more on being married by proxy later). We decided to make the most of the last good weather for a while and spend the afternoon at the Phoenix Zoo.  (http://www.phoenixzoo.org/)
One of the things that I really enjoyed about this zoo as opposed to the Nashville Zoo are Grassmere or the North Carolina zoo is how close to the animals you can actually get.  I was having a close conversation with these two giraffes until some loud children came up and scared them away. 

After walking around the zoo, we decided to go to an anniversary (late) lunch on Mill Avenue in Tempe.  We decided to try Rula Bula Irish Pub since I love Irish food.  (http://www.rulabula.com/) The atmosphere in the restaurant was very nice.  It was so well decorated; I thought I could very well leave the restaurant and step out onto the streets of Dublin. I had the Fish and Chips, and while the food was adequate; I really wasn't impressed.  The fish and chips were good, but the atmosphere made me expect and really want better than just typical pub fare. I will say that the service was perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.