Saturday, November 26, 2011

Spending Black Friday at Sun Devil Stadium

We almost missed last night's football game because neither one of us remembered that we had bought the Groupon for the game until just a few hours before kickoff.  Luckily, we remembered in time to walk down to Will Call and pick up our tickets.  The Groupon was for side line seats not too far up - and we weren't disappointed.  My husband was quick to point out that our seats were right in front of the cheerleaders...

I love to people watch, and the game didn't disappoint.  There was a couple behind us having a pretty serious relationship discussion (the only thing that makes me smile more is when couples have very private fights on one another's facebook wall). 

We live about three miles from Sun Devil Stadium, so we like to walk down to Tempe when we are going to a show or game and then catch a cab back home.  We walked down to the stadium stopping at Quick Trip to get me a pumpkin cappuccino - my one vice.  The game was a good game even if the Sun Devils tried hard to lose (and ultimately succeeded).  Then when we went to catch a cab, we tried to get one of the cool green cabs, but there were none to be found.  We ended up riding back home in a cab that had the cab thingie on the roof, but absolutely no cab equipment on the inside.  (It was also more expensive than usual...live and learn, I guess).

We will be looking for free things to do in the next month around Tempe.  I lost my job and want to save all the pennies we have until I start working again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.