Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wart Hogs and BBQ

The in-laws came out to visit us in Tempe from Kansas City, MO.  They have been here a few days and we have kept them busy hiking South Mountain (http://phoenix.gov/parks/trails/locations/south/index.html), photo ops at Canyon Lake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canyon_Lake_(Arizona), walks around Papago Park (http://www.tempe.gov/parks/parks/papago.htm).  Today we decided on keeping with the walking theme...to take them to the zoo.  We really enjoy the Phoenix Zoo because you seem to be able to get closer to the animals than in other zoos that we have been to.  Today the zoo was a ,well, zoo.  With kids being out of school, it seemed to be national take your screaming brat to the zoo day...we still enjoyed seeing all the animals especially the prairie dogs...I swear that I could watch them all day.

I did see an ad for the New Year's Party at the zoo, and the hubby and I are thinking about drinking in the new year with all the animals.

His parents are going home tomorrow, so we decided to go to Old Town Scottsdale to have dinner.  I love the Sugar Bowl and have noticed Earls BBQ located behind their building, but we had never eaten there.  We decided to give it a try, and I am really glad we did.  I had the pulled pork sandwich and boy did they give a lot of meat with that sandwich.  I loaded it down with their signature hot and spicy sauce and went to town.  I'm writing this several hours later, and I am still comfortably stuffed from their very large portions.  You know that a BBQ place is good when my BBQ snob of a husband likes it - he's from KCMO and fancies himself a BBQ expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.