Saturday, December 24, 2011

Burgers...Lots of Burgers

If you have read more than one of my posts, then you know that I pretty much plan our outings based on the food nearby.  So, you can image how excited I was when I noticed that there were several "mom and pop" type restaurants near my new job.  (I teach 7th grade at PACS on 16th Street.) 

The first thing I noticed was a restaurant called "Fat Ass Burgers" ironically across the street from Weight Watchers.  (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-ASS-Burgers/171915529522170).  This place was so good that I did something that I seldom do...eat there twice. This was the best, juice dripping down my chin, burger I have had since coming to Phoenix. Their fries are really good as well.  Basically, this place is going to be my go to lunch joint when I am at work.

Last night, we decided to try out Burgers and Bottles (http://www.grubhub.com/phoenix/burgers--bottles/).  I was happy with my n'awlins burger.  They were out of the bun that typically comes with it, so it was served on a pretzel bun.  OMG - I will be substituting this bun from now on.  I had fried pickles, and they were good - but I can think of three places that make better.  I didn't drink any beer, but my mother-in-law did and she said that it was really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.