Monday, February 6, 2012

Pizza and Opera - Hey they are both from Italy

My birthday just pasted and now I am officially working my way through my 30's.  It is okay since 20 wasn't exactly a shining moment for me. 

The hubby took me to see Madame Butterfly at the Phoenix Symphony (loved it!) and then we enjoyed a stroll downtown as we looked for reasonable food downtown.  The opera was amazing.  I had seen the play Madame Butterfly, but not the opera.  We both enjoyed the opera, and I loved the chance to put on dress up clothes and play girlie-girl for a day.  It was especially fun to drag hubby to an opera about an American military man behaving badly (for those of you who aren't following along, hubby is a military guy - so it was especially fun for us).  After the show, we were both starving so we were both looking for food really close by.

We dropped by a small pizza place near the symphony.  The Bklyn NYC Pizza had exceptional prices ($5 for wings, and around $5 for a pizza/salad combo) we each were pleasantly surprised with the quality and amount of food.  I am hoping that he finds us hockey tickets through the veterns' tickets outlet and we can swing back through for more nummy food. 

144 E Washington St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
(602) 253-7499

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.