Thursday, November 17, 2011

Canned!

If you aren't a MapQuest or Goggle map junkie, it is 2,178 miles from Fayetteville, NC to Tempe, AZ.  I know this because recently I made the drive to take a new job as a curriculum developer for a Scottsdale company.  Six months later, I was told (with several other departments) that the company was "restructuring" and my services were no longer needed.  So, I find myself in a new city, a new state, and looking for a job. 
I spent yesterday trying to figure out where to go from here.  What to do and how to do it.  I applied for all of the jobs that I could think of - from other curriculum developer jobs to a position at the local Target. 
This is the first time in my life that I have ever been "let go" or "laid off" - somehow, neither title makes me feel any better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.