Saturday, November 5, 2011

Phallic Fair Foods & Good Soup

Have you ever walked around a state fair and looked at all of the foods?  Thursday, the hubby and I went to the AZ state fair (http://www.azstatefair.com/) to see the Sublime concert.   As we ate our way from one side of the fair to the other (my favorite way to see any thing), I couldn't help but notice how many phallic looking foods there were.  Everywhere we turned there were foot long corn dogs, roasted ears of corn, or bananas on a stick.   I couldn't help but shake my head and laugh at all of the little girls (well, teenagers) that were using the food to get attention.

The concert was a wonderful chance to people watch.  I didn't know who Sublime was before the concert.  I broke the number one rule of concert going by putting their name into Pandora to see what they sounded like.  Luckily, I liked what I heard.

The concert had one drawback for me (since I am allergic to pretty much everything).  People were enjoying themselves more than is technically legal.  Meanwhile back at the ranch, I woke up feeling like a gargled with glass.  (It's a shame that I get sick and don't even get to enjoy a secondary high.) 

On Fridays, the hubby and I have a standing lunch date.  Since I didn't feel good at all...I suggest soup.  I am a huge fan of Panera Bread.  There is only one small problem...Phoenix isn't a fan since there isn't one here.  We found a more than suitable stand in with The Wildflower Bread Company.  I had the roasted corn soup that was delicious.  We had a little bit of a wait, and the manager came by to make sure that we were happy.  We will definitely be eating there again. 

My husband wants me to add that the meatball sandwich was really good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.