Thursday, November 3, 2011

Unique date experience

I get groupons.  I'll admit it.  I'm mildly addicted to them.  I love to open my email in the morning to see what cool deal I can find.  Usually, the deals are for things that I don't need, don't want, or can't use.  Sometimes, however, I get a groupon for something that makes my breathless anticipation worth while. 

I used a Groupon last week to buy how-to pottery classes, because I thought that it would be a fun and unique date activity for my husband and me. (www.allthehands.com) I didn't know how much fun it actually going to be until I got there and started playing with the clay.  We arrived at the class a little late - warning! the studio is off the beaten track and 17th Ave doesn't look like a road since it isn't paved and doesn't have a sign - but we decided to take the class anyways even if we missed the start.  I'm so glad that we did.  After showing us basic techniques, the instructor let us go to play.  I made three pieces and the last two were pretty good.  The first one looks like a child's attempt at an ashtray - so I'll be sending it to my mom for Christmas.  Every parent needs a badly designed, hand-made ashtray from their child...even if the child is 30.

Since I don't consider it a date unless he gets me ice cream.  We left the class - laughing about how dirty we were (How did I get clay, there?! ) and had a pumpkin pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen.  I am going to be really sad when they stop selling those blizzards after Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.