Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This past President's Day weekend turned out to be one of the most pleasant weekends that we have spend in Phoenix thus far.  It was all in all a very nice weekend from the entertainment, to the food, to the simply amazing weather.

It was Veteran's night at the Coyotes' hockey game Saturday night, and the husband was able to score us two free tickets.  (That's a really good thing because the price on EACH of the tickets was $112...there is no way that we could afford them at the price!).  They were playing the Stars, and it was a hard fought game.  The Coyotes won in over time.  I loved every minute of the exciting game and am hoping that we will be able to get tickets to another game before the end of the season. 

John has been missing Moe's Southwest Grill, and we didn't know that there was one in Glendale.  We thought that it was an Eastern Coast thing.  We were pleasantly surprised when we saw it while we were walking to the rink to watch the game.  It shouldn't come to a shock to anyone that we made dinner plans to eat there at the end of the hockey game.  John always (and I do mean always...it was what he wanted me to bring when he got back from Afghanistan) orders a Joey bag o' doughnuts.  I got their nachos and there was too much food for two people to eat in my one order of nachos, so if you are going to order them (and I suggest you do - they really were delicious) bring a friend.

Monday we decided to go to the Renaissance Festival.  It should be no surprise to anyone who has read any of my posts that pretty much we ate our way from one side of the fair to the other.  It costs and arm and half a leg to get into the fair, but once you are inside they have decided to be nice with their food prices.  That made me very happy.  I am used to fairs that seem to think that once they have you, you'll pay anything...so they charge anything for their food.  Don't leave without eating a roasted ear of corn, a bread bowl (the marinara meatball was delicious, or a royal spud.  I would pass on the Scotch egg - they are better at most Highland Games (and my mommy makes better). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.