Thursday, March 22, 2012

Flogging Molly at Tempe Beach Park

I know, I know.  I usually try to come up with interesting or at least witty titles for my posts.  That said, I am still to impressed with the show that Flogging Molly put on for St. Paddy's Day - that if you were there, you would think that "Flogging Molly at Tempe Beach Park" was interesting.  (If you weren't there, I am told that they come every year...and you should seriously consider making it a priority next year.)

Okay...Okay...enough with the intro. I'll tell you about St. Paddy's Day in Tempe. 

The hubby and I rode the free Orbit bus down to Mill to pick up our tickets from will call early in the afternoon.  It was the first time that I had taken advantage of the free ride down to mill, and I was impressed with the cleanliness of the buses.  Finding out that the concert didn't start until a lot later that night, we decided that a nap was in order.

Fast forward to 7pm.

We took the bus back down to mill, and decided to have dinner before the show.  Since it was St. Patrick's Day and there were so many people on Mill, we knew that there would be a killer wait pretty much anywhere we picked.  A little off Mill we saw Slices Pizza (http://slicespizzajoint.com/) and had a great dinner.  You can't beat pizza and a drink for a little under 5 bucks.  I really like thin crust New York style pizza, so I was in heaven.

Then on to the concert. 


I love Flogging Molly and have since my sister introduced me to them a million years ago.  This was the first time that I got to see them in concert.  It was worth the wait.  I danced and danced to all of my favorites and generally had an amazing time.  I can't wait to see them again (after teaching hubby a few more songs).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.